This module will introduce you to the basics of course assessment and examine different ways in which you might use Desire 2 Learn’s quiz function in your course.
The D2L Quiz feature offers you an easy way to construct student assessments. The tool is highly customizable and provides a great variety of various assessment options from which you can select. Yet, D2L’s quiz feature is but a tool, and serves no purpose if not wielded towards a specific end-goal, such as maximizing student learning.
After completing this module you will know how to
- Distinguish between formative and summative assessments.
- Design exams that track class progress and adapt course material to student learning.
- Build an exam in Desire 2 Learn.
- Enable automatic grading of a Quiz and how to link to a grade item.
- Create assessment activities to maximize active and high-order learning.
- Find additional sources from which to learn more about assessment.
- Desire 2 Learn is also known as D2L and on campus is sometimes referred to as Learn@UW ↵