Unit 2: Cases, Present Tense
In this unit, in the context of simple sentences that involve all four German cases, you will learn how to:
- Identify the case, number and gender of nouns, pronouns, definite articles, indefinite articles, and question words.
- Identify and translate genitive-case noun chains.
- Identify and translate dative-case objects.
- Use present-tense verb forms to identify whether the corresponding subject must be first, second, or third person, and singular or plural.
- Translate sentences that use es gibt or man.
- Translate nouns that are formed from adjectives.