Sample Activities for Language Instruction
Activity 1 Materials
- Students can use this activity to listen to their own pronunciation and improve it.
- Instructors might ask students to upload their response files to a Canvas dropbox for comment.
- An instructor might also use this H5P activity embed to invite students to record their own speech and post these files to a student discussion board on Canvas.
Student instructions: practice your response until you are happy with your recording. Upload your final recording to our Canvas dropbox!
Activity 2 Materials
- This activity requires instructors to consider a range of potential answer variations in advance. (For instance, a student might respond with either “Hi!” or “Hello!” when asked to record a greeting in English.)
- At present, the speech recognition algorithm can be unreliable. For instance, it may not recognize some language variations or process accent marks correctly.