SoHE Who to Contact

Many of your questions about how to meet expectations and thrive as a graduate student will be answered by the various sources of policies, procedures, requirements, resources, and norms listed above. Several key positions in the School of Human Ecology and on campus are ready to answer your remaining questions:


Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs: Michelle Holland

4199A Nancy Nicholas Hall

Phone: 608-263-5675



Graduate Program Specialist: Cadin Tonković-Ćapin

4199C Nancy Nicholas Hall

Phone: 608-265-6269


The Graduate Program Office in the School of Human Ecology is often your first stop with any questions. Our staff are well-versed in graduate education and can be a great resource for you during your graduate study.


Graduate Program Chairs (GPC)

Each graduate program named option has a graduate program chair who oversees the graduate students and program operations within the SoHE departments.

2022-23 GPCs

Faculty Advisor

Each student will be assigned a faculty advisor in your graduate program. Some graduate programs in SoHE assign faculty advisors in your first year and this is who you will work with throughout your graduate program. Other programs assign a temporary faculty advisor in the first year and then the faculty advisor can change at various stages of your program. Your faculty advisor(s) will be a key source of guidance for your academic development. Further definition can be found here. Further details about finding, changing, and working with your advisor can be found in each named option section of the SoHE handbook.

The name and contact information of your faculty advisor can be found on your Student Center on MyUW ( under “Academic Progress” and then “Advisors.”


School of Human Ecology Graduate Programs Handbook Copyright © 2022 by Michelle Holland. All Rights Reserved.

Share This Book