Part 6: Fall 2017 Labs
78 Canvas Blueprint Courses with Daniel Pell — 09.27.2017
This brownbag-style lab varied from our regular labs in that the focus was on story, demo, and discussion rather than hands-on experimentation.
- Blueprint courses allow you to share content across several courses
- They leave custom content as is (won’t be over-ridden)
- Great for a course coordinator who works with multiple instructors
- Great video introduction of it here
- Syncs content and settings, but only syncs settings initially; any changes are honored (unless you want to override it manually later)
- Can foster more sharing of ideas and content (activities) between instructors of a course
- Negative: had to revise pretty much every document (flip side: at least they didn’t have to create every document!)
Active Teaching Labs are held Fridays from 8:30-9:45am (and every other Thursday from 1-2pm, see events calendar for dates) in room 120, Middleton Building. Check out upcoming labs or read recaps from past labs. To stay informed about upcoming Labs, sign up for regular announcements by sending an email to email@example.com.
Watch Daniel’s Story and follow along with his Blueprint and Rubrics Prezis:
Get started with Canvas Blueprint courses: