Part 5: Spring 2017 Labs
The February 13, 2017 Active Teaching Lab explored strategies for using Canvas’ SpeedGrader tool. Sue Wenker shared how she uses SpeedGrader for her 4-credit lab in the Doctor of Physical Therapy program to provide specific feedback and efficiently enter grades on her students’ writing assignments.
- “Mute” grades until you’ve completed grading to minimize student emails asking when you’ll be finished.
- Utilize rubrics for standardized feedback and to clarify your expectations to students.
- SpeedGrader allows for seamless movement from student to student so grading is more efficient.
- View the session’s activity sheet for additional support materials.
- For a detailed tutorial on using the Canvas SpeedGrader tool, click here.
Active Teaching Labs are held every Friday from 8:45-9:45am (and every other Monday from 12:30pm-1:30pm, see events calendar for dates) in room 120, Middleton Building. Check out the upcoming labs or read the recaps from past labs — or see them all in one place in our new Active Teaching Lab eJournal (bit.ly/ATL-ejournal). To stay informed about upcoming Labs, check back to this website or sign up for regular announcements by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UW-Madison is transitioning to Canvas as a single, centrally supported LMS, and will discontinue support for D2L and Moodle by 2018. Visit canvasinfo.wisc.edu for information and resources.
Watch Sue’s story:
Want to learn more? Watch the discussion that follows: