Part 6: Fall 2017 Labs
During the September 15, 2017 Active Teaching Lab, Elise Davis demonstrated how she uses Canvas navigation tools like Calendar and Assignments to guide students.
- The more options a course has, the more possibilities for students to get lost in it.
- The Canvas Calendar spans all the courses your students (and you!) are involved in.
- Participants heard Elise’s experience using Assignments and the Calendar to help guide learning tasks.
- Using their own laptops or mobile devices and a Sandbox course, attendees gained hands-on experience with Canvas tools from both the student and instructor perspective.
- View the session’s activity sheet and Elise’s slides for additional support materials.
Active Teaching Labs are held Fridays from 8:30-9:45am (and every other Thursday from 1-2pm, see events calendar for dates) in room 120, Middleton Building. Check out upcoming labs or read recaps from past labs. To stay informed about upcoming Labs, sign up for regular announcements by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch Elise’s Story:
Get started Organizing a Course in Canvas: