Upload a photo of your completed data table
Upload a photo or file containing a plot of your data
What experiment with HCAII are we simulating this week? What is the purpose of that experiment? (Provide 2-3 sentences).
- After joining BBCU, you and your partner will join a breakout room.
- Your TAs will provide you a link to a Google doc. You and your partner will work together to complete it. You will:
- Discuss the at-home experiments and connect with the HCAII experiment
- Plan the HCAII esterase pilot reaction
- Complete a simulation of the pilot reaction, found below. It is a branching case scenario that walks through the process of a pilot assay for wt protein. It will present you with data and then ask you to choose what to do next. Once you and your partner successfully work through the simulation, you will figure out the optimal protein concentration to use in the assay. In the lab 10 in-lab assignment doc, you will be asked what protein concentration you found was optimal.
- Find the published KM of HCAII for PNPA
- Plan the full HCAII esterase experiment. There will be a brief video to help walk you through the process.
- Meet with your TAs to discuss. They will provide you with the results of the experiment from the plate reader (it will be an Excel file).
- You are welcome to use any remaining in-lab time to work on the data analysis.
- Throughout the lab time, TAs can be available for questions, and will circulate to check in on each group at least once.
- Complete the lab/partner/self evaluation Google form.
- Get a sharable link to your Google doc and submit it to Canvas.