Lab 8: LAB ASSIGNMENTS
What experiments are being simulated this week? What is the purpose of those experiments? (Provide 2-3 sentences).
This lab involved a chemical hazard. Describe the chemical, the potential risks, and steps you would take to protect yourself.
If you assemble your gel apparatus and find that it leaks, describe one way you can try to fix it.
Which is likely to polymerize faster: Resolving gel (bottom, poured first), or Stacking gel (top, poured second)?
- After joining BBCU, you and your partner will join a breakout room.
- Your TAs will provide you a link to a Google doc. You and your partner will work together to complete it. You will:
- Choose samples to run on your SDS-PAGE gels
- Answer questions about the procedure
- Discuss how to troubleshoot several example cases where something went wrong
- Determine the protein concentrations of the final, dialyzed protein samples
- Meet with your TAs to discuss. Once they are happy with your work, you will receive a picture of the gel you can analyze for your results.
- You are welcome to use any remaining in-lab time to analyze your gel and start working on your lab report.
- Complete the lab/partner/self evaluation Google form.
- Get a sharable link to your Google doc and submit it to Canvas.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR LAB 9
For lab 9, you will need to complete an at-home experiment before your lab time. Please plan out your next week accordingly!
The at-home experiment requires 2-4 eggs and 1/3 cup rubbing alcohol.