Here is a structure of 2,5-dimethylhept-3-ene.
- There is one chiral carbon center in this molecule. Draw the structure and identify the chiral carbon with an asterisk (*).
- Draw a different conformation of the structure above.
- Draw the enantiomer of this molecule.
- Draw the geometric isomer of this molecule.
- Draw a constitutional isomer of this molecule that would be likely to have a higher boiling point.
- Explain why you think this constitutional isomer would have a higher boiling point.
- Draw a different conformation of this constitutional isomer.
Two days before the next whole-class session, this Podia question will become live on Podia, where you can submit your answer.
Please use this form to report any inconsistencies, errors, or other things you would like to change about this page. We appreciate your comments. 🙂