Here is a structure of 2,5-dimethylhept-3-ene.
- There is one chiral carbon center in this molecule. Draw the structure and identify the chiral carbon with an asterisk (*).
- Draw the enantiomer of this molecule.
- Draw a constitutional isomer of this molecule that would be likely to have a higher boiling point.
- Explain why you think this constitutional isomer would have a higher boiling point.
- Draw a different conformation of this constitutional isomer.
Two days before the next whole-class session, this Podia question will become live on Podia, where you can submit your answer.