- Lasebikan, E. L. (Ebenezer Latunde). Learning Yoruba. London :Oxford University Press, 1958.
A small book which supplies Yoruba learners with a systematic and carefully graded course. The author had many years’ experience of teaching Yoruba to Europeans, mainly English people, both in Nigeria and in the UK.
- Delano, Isaac O. A Modern Yoruba Grammar. London ; New York :T. Nelson, 1965.
A Yoruba instructional book which focuses on Yoruba grammar, with abundant examples and exercises.
- Delano, Isaac O. Àgbékà Ọrọ Yoruba: Appropriate Words and Expressions in Yoruba. London :Oxford University Press, 1960.
A Yoruba textbook organized through different topics, including lots of Yoruba idioms, proverbs, and monosyllabic verbs.
- Rowlands, E. C. (Evan Celyn). Teach Yourself Yoruba. London :English Universities P., 1969.
A well-organized textbook for self-instructed Yoruba learners. There are new vocabulary and translation exercise in each section.
- De Gaye, J. A. (Jules A.). Yoruba Composition. London : Lagos :Routledge & K. Paul ; C.M.S. Bookshop, 1951.
A useful handbook teaching how to construct complex Yoruba sentences. There are many useful Yoruba proverbs and quotations with English translation.
- Delano, Isaac O. Conversation in Yoruba and English. New York :Praeger, 1964.
A collection of everyday Yoruba conversations, with English translation. I personally highly recommend it since it gives different expressions to convey a certain idea.