By the end of the lesson students should be able to:
- Mention objects and items in the kitchen.
- Talk about the objects in my kitchen and items that I don’t have.
- Correctly enunciate words and sentences produced.
Activity A: Kuna nini jikoni mwako?
With a game called “mention mention mention” call out items in the kitchen
Note: This activity may be recorded in order to note unfamiliar items mentioned by the mentor and to note correct pronunciation
Question for the student- Kuna nini kwenye friji hii
Response: Kwenye friji hii, kuna:
- maji ya matunda
Question for the student: Talk about the items you have and don’t have using:
Nina kabati jikoni kwangu
Sina sufuria jikoni kwangu
Kuna maziwa kwenye friji yangu
Hakuna mayai kwenye friji yangu
- There is _ in my kitchen/There are no _ in my kitchen.
- I have _ in my kitchen/I don’t have _ in my kitchen.
Question from the student: Kuna nini jikoni mwako?
Note: This activity should be recorded as well.