By the end of the lesson, you should be able to:
- talk about your house in terms of location, type, places in and around the house, and number of rooms.
- talk about the furniture in each room and things you do not have.
- talk about what you like or do not like about your house.
Introduce key phrases around house location and room type:
-kuishi, iko, patikana, jengo namba, sakafu/ghorofa
-chumba, sebule, jiko, chumba ya kulia, ua/fensi, bustani
Talk about the picture
Samani: kabati ya kitabu, kibati za jikoni, televiseni, meza, kiti, jokofu, kikombe, sufuria, darasa, makochi, kitanda, kioo etc.
Read the passage below and answer the questions that follow.
- Nyumba lake ila nani?
- Nyumba lake ina patikana wapi?
- Numba kwake kuna nini?
- Jikoni kuna nini?
- Sebule kuna nini?
- Kwanini anapenda nyumba yake?
- Tunga sentence kwa kutumia maneno haya nyumba, chumba na jikoni.
Make a video about your house, talking about where it is located, the house/apartment/floor number, the number of bedrooms, different rooms in the house/apartment, the furniture and the reasons you like or dislike it.
Discuss with your mentor what the video is about.